Thursday 1 March 2012

Humble Beginnings

This is the very first figure I painted, I was really pleased with her at the time looking back there was and still is so much to learn but I guess thats why this hobby is addictive you can always push yourself.

I made a discovery about washes on this one, she has a second pait job over the first, which is why she appears less detailed (Too Much Paint!) I was reliably told to paint her then slap devlin mud all over her and it would look really bad but when it dryed it would suddenly look better than the Sistine Chapel after all devlin mud is known as "God Wash".

When she dryed she looked like a dirty bitch who had not washed for a month and had taken to rolling in the barn with the pigs and eating swill. It took a little while to discover what washes really did for you and how to use them effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment